How to Continue Going to the Gym Forever
We all know that regularly going to the gym and making it a lifetime habit is something we all want, but very few of us can actually hold onto it long enough to reap the benefits. Once we start going to the gym with lots of enthusiasm and optimism, most of us would vigorously go to the gym for the first three months. Then for the next three months to six months it would turn into an occasional venture, rather than a regular one. After nine months to one year, the whole enthusiasm and optimism would die down and most of us would never again put our feet on the gym doorstep. Are there any steps we can take or things we can do differently to hold onto going to the gym for good? Today, I am going to talk about the steps I take to continue going to the gym or doing any physical activities forever.
I started yoga when I was 16 and I started going to the gym roughly 7 years ago. And I have been continuing these ever since I started. Here are some simple steps I have been following to make sure that my physical activities do not turn into a thing of the past:
- Do not overdo anything. Set a routine of how many sessions or reps you will do during each gym visit and stick to it.
- Make each gym session short and brief. Those who stay endless hours at the gym are likely to give up after a few months. Each of my sessions at the gym usually last no more than 30 to 40 minutes.
- Pick two to three days per week to go to the gym. I only go to the gym twice per week.
- Occasionally, stop going to the gym as planned. This planned laziness will give your body a break and you will feel invigorated and encouraged to go back to the gym after a short break. I usually discontinue going to the gym when I am on vacation or some other times of the year. I do it 2 to 3 times every year.
- The objective of going to the gym should be staying fit and living a healthy life – not to be a muscle man and show off your abs (unless that’s your line of work).
Going to the gym should be a part of your daily living and the benefits are endless. I can’t really tell you when I was last sick. Life is wonderful when you are healthy and fit. I am enjoying every moment of my life and I encourage you to continue going to the gym forever.