Internet Shopping Is On The Rise – Entrepreneurs Take Note
Statistics Canada says in a report that Canadians are shopping more online these days than ever before. Let’s look at some important highlights of the report:
- Canadians ordered $15.1 billion worth goods and services in 2009 (was 12.8 billion in 2007)
-39 per cent of Canadians (aged 16 and over) placed 95 million orders (was 32 per cent and 70 million orders in 2007)
- Average value per order stands at $158 (was $183 in 2007)
- Most common types of orders are: travel services and entertainment products such as books, clothing, magazines, accessories etc.
- 52 per cent Canadians went to research their products before buying at stores (43 per cent in 2007)
Now, here is what these highlights translate into in a broader sense:
- Although these stats represent Canada, the world’s one if the top developed countries – situations are no different in other developed countries and developing countries will soon follow.
- More and more people will be accessing the Internet.
- Online retailers will be seeing increased demand for their products and services
- Advertisement opportunities (for blogs and websites) will increase representing online retailers and stores.
- As people are spending more time on the Internet, researching before buying at physical stores and shopping online, content base websites or blogs will see a huge spike in traffic.
So, if you are an Internet entrepreneur, you should pay attention to these trends – people’s changing habits. The Internet will always provide money making opportunities for those who are able to identify, analyze, and utilize today’s trends to make better strategic decisions in the future.
First Published on: Sep 27, 2010 EntrepreneurJourney.com